Monday, May 19, 2008

A New Family Tradition...


I don't blog often about stuff going on with Megan and I, but something pretty cool happened two days ago that I thought I would share:

C.S. Lewis' 4th book in The Chronicles of Narnia series, Prince Caspian, just opened in theatres this past Friday. I've read the first three in the series but wanted to read this one before seeing the movie. While I was reading on our bed Megan came up and asked what I was reading and jokingly asked if I would read aloud so she could enjoy also. I took her up on her offer read chapter 2 to her, and we followed that up the following night by reading chapter 3 out loud. It looks like we have a pretty cool new tradition on our hands. One of the things our friend, Andy, said he would pray for in our new marriage was developing traditions. We have founded a few (such as the "great Barley fall festival" featuring homemade boiled peanuts) but never any that happened regularly. We've enjoyed this so far, and I think we will enjoy many books in this fashion. On to chapter 4...

2 comments:

Pastor Randy said...

Good stuff. Make traditions that you will forever cherish. God in honored in such a relationship.

Andy Metzger said...

You are welcome. I am so smart.